THE 2016 MOXIE TRADES CALENDAR
- Highlights women with MOXIE
- Promotes young women who find their MOXIE through mentorship and championing
- Features a different charity, cause or association every month
- Monthly charity to receive $250.00 within their featured month + Online Social Media Engagement
WHY ARE WE DOING A CALENDAR?
- Help further support causes near and dear to our hearts such as:
- Moxiest 1st Responder Award
- Moxiest Tradeswoman Award
- Moxiest Work Woman Award
- Monthly Moxies
- Durham’s Women of the Year Award
- In 2016 – Moxie Trades will provide a bursary to one woman entering or already enrolled in a Skilled Trades Program
If you would like your organization featured in our catalogue, please submit the attached application by August 14th, 2015.
THE NEXT GENERATION?
Through our founder’s work on the Expert Panel under the Ministry of Status of Women in Canada, we learned that women need mentors. AHA! But if that’s the case, don’t our girls need them too before the world influences their own perceptions of themselves? Let’s harness their moxie. In response to this report and in celebration the UN declared Day of the Girl on
October 11, Moxie Trades is launching a program encouraging young women to find their moxie.
To read the report from the Expert Panel: Expert Panel Report
To learn more about Day of the Girl, click here: Day of the Girl
Moxie Trades will be helping girls find their moxie through a personal statement or declaration of “I have Moxie.”
Moxie; pronounced Mok’se is the ability to face fear with spirit and courage.
More information on our “Got Moxie Movement” which was announced on September 1, 2015 is on the GotMoxieChallenge Website. If you would like to be involved in the Moxie Movement and empowering the next generation, please email email@example.com. We need your support and ideas!